Lange A. LANGE & SÖHNE officially announced its return to the table in 1994, but the brand did not open its first store until 2007. The store is located in Dresden, Germany, not far from Glashütte’s brand headquarters. To celebrate the tenth anniversary of the store, Lange introduced the 1815 limited edition watch.
To celebrate the tenth anniversary of the Dresden store, Lange specially selected the 1815 series to create a limited edition commemorative edition.
Lange’s 1815 Dresden store limited edition is available in rose and platinum versions (ten each). The 1815 series is a fairly typical dress watch, with a 38.5 mm case and a traditional dial layout, and a small seconds dial at 6 o’clock. This case has a traditional three-piece construction and has a polished bezel and polished bottom cover.
The front of the model is not much different from the general version of the 1815 three-hand watch. The most obvious change is that the bottom cover is changed to a dust-proof bottom cover, which is engraved with the Frauenkirche cathedral, which symbolizes the location of the specialty store.
The dial is low-key silver, with a strong contrast with the blue steel hands, which helps to read clearly. The Dresden store’s limited watch is unique in its dust cover bottom. This design should be from a classic pocket watch, hinged at 12 o’clock on the case, and engraved with the Dresden Frauenkirche cathedral-a famous landmark silhouette. The Frauenkirche Cathedral was chosen because the Lange store in Dresden is adjacent to the landmark; at the same time, the originator of the brand, Ferdinand Adolph Lange, first made watches in Dresden, and later moved the brand to Glashütte.
1815 Dresden store limited watch equipped with L051.1 hand-winding movement, the essence of German watchmaking, such as German silver, three-quarter splint and gooseneck trimming
The 1815 Dresden store’s limited watch is equipped with the L051.1 movement, which also uses the German silver substrate and bridge version, and uses the gooseneck fine-tuning as the main timing mechanism. The power reserve of the model is more than two days. 55 hours. The movement is evidenced by Lange’s handwriting, which can be seen from its delicate modification, such as the Glashütte stripe decoration on three-quarters of the splint and the gold sleeve firmly fixed with blue steel screws. The decorations are also handmade by artisans.
1815 Dresden Store Limited List
18K white gold material / L051.1 hand-wound movement / hour, minute, small seconds display / sapphire crystal surface / diameter 38.5mm / limited to 10 pieces, also available in rose gold